Savon Gibson Sr. is a successful entrepreneur, seasoned financial planner & dynamic public speaker. As a Cum Laude Business Management graduate from Tiffin University, Savon founded Empire Consulting/ Gibson Financial Planning in 2014 to promote financial literacy in some of Cincinnati, Ohio’s most economically challenged communities. Through his innovative initiatives, Savon provides workshops on various financial topics, such as creating generational wealth through investments, entrepreneurship, and self-sufficiency. The loving husband and proud father of 3 completed coursework at Xavier University towards a Financial Planning certification, an area of expertise where African Americans make up only 2% nationally.
Since 2015, Savon has hosted monthly Financial Literacy Workshops at the Hamilton County Public Library and the Hamilton County Youth Detention Center that have impacted the lives of over 300 families and teens. Savon has held partnerships with Cincinnati Job Corps, Carpe Diem Preparatory Academy, and Cincinnati Public Schools My Tomorrow Business Training Center and Career Based Learning to facilitate finance workshops in the school setting for over 150 students. In 2017, he screened the documentary Generation One: The Search for Black Wealth and gave away four stock certificates in a contest with the audience.
More on Savon’s Achievements:
- 2022 For(bes) The Culture Member
- 2022 Xavier University TRiO Scholars Financial Literacy Seminar
- 2022 University of Cincinnati Black Professionals Panel: Understanding and Building Generational Black Wealth
- 2021 MORTAR Entrepreneurship Academy Facilitator
- 2021 Forest Park Civil Service Committee Member
- 2021 Directing Adolescent Development (DAD) Initiative Board Member
- 2020 AAAA Vision Award recipient for Excellence in Community Service
- 2020 Association for African American Financial Advisors Member. AAAA
- 2020 BREAUX Capital Member
- 2020 United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s Black Empowerment Works (BEW)
- 2020 Future History Now Panelist – Secure the Bag and the Legacy (Financial Planning for the Black Household)
- 2019 Ford Men of Courage Leadership Series
- 2019 Graduate of Mortar Entrepreneurship Academy
- 2018 Leadership Council‘s BOLD Steering Committee
- 2018 Selected as WCPO’s Next Nine Local Leaders in Finance
- 2018 Featured panelist at the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center’s Gallery Talks
- 2017 Co-Chair, Fatherhood Community Celebration
- 2016 Talbert House Ambassador’s Board
- 2015 United Way’s Board Orientation and Leadership Development (BOLD) Program
- 2015 Board Member, Association for the Improvement of Minorities
“Every person who has grown to any degree of usefulness, every person who has grown to distinction, almost without exception has been a person who has risen by overcoming obstacles, by removing difficulties, by resolving that when he met discouragement, he would not give up.” – Booker T. Washington.
Savon is not only a financial wealth advocate, but he is also an avid community activist and leader. As evident in his service as Co-Chair of the Fatherhood Community Celebration, which encourages fathers to have strong, active, and healthy bonds with their children. Savon is an advocate and mentor to any individual who seeks assistance and guidance to turn their obstacles into opportunities. As a result of his tireless commitment to the community, Savon was selected to participate in the Ford Motor Company’s Men of Courage Leadership Forum to speak at the United Way of Greater Cincinnati’s Leaders and Legends Luncheon.
We specialize in helping small and mid-sized businesses with breakout growth strategies.
We have been helping firms grow since 2014, and each of our Partners has experience creating sustainable growth for businesses like yours.
The People's Planner
From 2015 to 2019, Gibson Financial Planning has hosted monthly Financial Literacy Workshops at the Hamilton County Main Library and the Hamilton County Youth Detention Center that have impacted the lives of over 300 families and teens.
With over 12 years of experience, which includes 7 years with the Internal Revenue Service, Savon has made it his mission to educate individuals on creating generational wealth through budgeting, investing, entrepreneurship and self-sufficiency by offering financial planning services.
Savon believes in 3 key qualities of consumer input that ultimately lead to 3 key consumer outcomes. The 3 key qualities of consumer input are integrity, relationships, and loyalty. The 3 key qualities of consumer outcomes are growth, freedom, and prosperity. Savon cherishes the fiduciary duties he has with his clients with great passion, always working hard to ensure they receive the necessary tools for success. Savon concludes that to establish anything for future generations, we have to grow mentally and become discipline, which gives us the freedom to prosper for generations to come.
Financial Planning Highlights:
- Since 2016 held a partnership with Cincinnati Job Corps, Carpe Diem Preparatory Academy, and Cincinnati Public Schools My Tomorrow Business Training Center and Career Based Learning to facilitate finance workshops in the school setting for over 150 students.
- In 2017, he screened the documentary Generation One: The Search for Black Wealth and gave away 4 stock certificates in a contest with the audience.
- 2020: United Way of Greater Cincinnati 2020 Unite for Teen Financial Literacy Day & EconoMe Conference
Partnerships & Media
© 2019 Empire Consulting. All Right Reserved.